As we say goodbye to 2023, we reflect on the year that was and how we brightened lives, here is our top news…
It was a year of challenges, but our list of achievements outweighed those challenges. We worked to de-bottleneck parts of our facilities, reduced inventory levels, improved product quality and improved many business processes. All of these helped us to continue to produce and deliver our complex inorganic color pigments as quickly as possible to distributors and customers around the world.
Despite a few delays, we completed our facility expansion which will allow us to be more flexible with our ability to respond to increasing demands. We are confident this will lead us to restoring world class customer satisfaction, our main goal in 2023 and beyond.
Tom Mestdag rejoined Shepherd Color as Sales and Business Development Manager for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Tom has been working closely with the rest of our EMEA team to grow business in these regions.
Employees participated in hands-on fire extinguisher training where they learned to choose the correct fire extinguisher and how to use it properly to put out a fire.
Our products were featured in several industry publications, from our high performance and sustainable black pigments to special effect pigments and to our cobalt blue pigments.
How do we really brighten lives? With community involvement! This is where our employees really shine, at several community events every year. Our employees were honored to participate in the following in 2023:
- Heart Mini Marathon & Walk: Combined, Shepherd Color, Shepherd Chemical and Glass Coatings & Concepts, raised over $3,500, exceeding our goal
- United Way: Onsite events such as the employee dunk tank, basketball, raffles and other contributions, raised over $22,000 in donations
- University of Cincinnati’s Walk for Brain Tumor Discoveries: Over $3,300 donations
- Lunch and Learn with Princeton City School District Summer Interns: Shepherd Color training staff reviewed the core values of what makes a great employee
- Butler County Success: Holiday gift donations for 29 Butler County children
We look forward to the opportunities and success that 2024 brings!